We are always looking for interesting, well-written manuscripts that fit with our overall mix and mission. We are interested in the following types of children’s books:
- Picture books: These stories concentrate more on the illustrations than on the text. Appropriate for ages 0-5.
- Early reader books, appropriate for children ages 5–7. These books are often designed to help a child build his or her reading skills.
- Chapter books, appropriate for children ages 7–12.
- Short chapter books, appropriate for children ages 7–9.
- Longer chapter books, appropriate for children ages 9–12.
- Young-adult fiction, appropriate for children ages 12–18.
Quality: We do not expect you to be a published author; in fact, many of our books come from first-time authors. But, it is a good idea to make sure your query/proposal and manuscript are free of typos and grammatical errors.
Submissions: We prefer a brief query email with a synopsis of what your story is and who you are. If you sufficiently pique our interest, we will then ask for a formal proposal or the entire manuscript. At this time, we accept ONLY email submissions. No paper via snail mail and NO phone pitches please.
Turn Around Time: We will try to respond to your query within 2-3 weeks. If you have not heard from us in that time, please feel free to email us to see if we are interested. If we do respond, we will ask for either an in-depth proposal or the entire manuscript. From that point, our response time varies, but is typically no more than 3-4 weeks.
To send us a query, please use our CONTACT US form.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!